Thursday, October 21, 2004

Let me just say upfront that I have no great love for either the Red Sox or the Yankees. I'm from South Carolina. Where we have no pro baseball team. We either find love for the Braves or become avid NASCAR fans. I personally went the Braves route. Mainly because I have absolutely no interest in watching cars just go left for hours. I DO have something for Derek Jeter; but I wouldn't call it love. I really don't think that having carnal knowledge of that for even the shortest time would need any classification at all.

Anyway, I've been watching as much of the play-offs as I can; and have totally gotten on the Sox bandwagon. (Please don't hate me Rhino!) And the reason is that I would love to see them win the World Series in my lifetime. It's been so long; I keep thinking of the Sox fans that actually went their entire lifetimes waiting for that to happen. I would just really enjoy watching the celebration.

--------

I have the privilege of knowing Steve Coltrane. He is an incredible comedian here in the DC area and regularly appears at several of the Improvs as well as comedy clubs all over the northeast. He opened for Robert Schimmel this past week at the DC Improv & what a freakin' show! My friend, Greg, & I went to see them last Thurs. & I have to say they both slayed me. (And I'm not slayed easily. The last time involved alot of champagne, tiki torches, and a Tom Petty look-alike. I can't remember who was funnier. "Tom" (the comedian) or US (the audience spraying champagne all over each other.) If you ever get the opportunity to see either or both; take it.


---------

If I ever actually give my number to the weird guy that continues to bring me yellow daisys & then tells me how much I remind him of gladiolas; just shoot me dead on the spot because I have lost all senses. Most importantly; I've lost all ability to distinguish between what is weird & what isn't.

peace

Comments:
*shakes head in disappointment*
 
welcomes you to the Nation
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?