Friday, October 01, 2004

"Honesty is the best policy"

Ok...it's Bitch-about-a-quote-Thursday. I know I said last Thursday I was going to bitch about a quote every week; but I really didn't intend to. But in thinking about it; I think I can come across enough stuff every week to make it happen.

Case in point: There is a waitress where I work that is here for a short time from Bulgaria. Every summer for the last 4 years we have had the same 2 girls work here from Bulgaria on their breaks from college. This particular girl is a friend of theirs. So; us girls have a dressing room to change into our uniforms. I wear black/white/bowtie since I am a bartender. Waitress's wear blue polo's w/ black shorts. You can't tell how big/small I am since I'm buttoned up to my neck; but you can tell how big/small the waitress's are. This particular girl is very well-endowed & wears no bra. The first day she's working there; she stands away from me & asks me how she looks. I told her she looked great except for the fact that she has no bra on & you can see her nipples through her shirt. She looked very embarrassed & explained to me how a bra was considered a "luxury" in her household & she hadn't had the time or the means to buy one since she had come to the US. It's not the first time I've had evidence that "Honesty is the best policy" is not necessarily true; but it was the first time I thought it but then felt like a complete idiot. I'm a spoiled middle-class American girl. Who thinks of a bra as a necessity & not a luxury (because I can afford one). And, in case you're wondering, she had a sponsor to come here. She was a stand-out in her class & some people got together to send her here for a couple months; & then I insulted her. And I feel terrible about it.

And that's my quote-bitch for today. And hopefully the ones I talk about in the future won't put me in such a bad light.


On a lighter note: Culpepper is on a bye this w'end. I'm doomed. That's going to be my redemption, I guess. Hopefully that is all it will be & I won't step in front of that proverbial bus I'm always talking about. Although, it's probably what I deserve.

peace

Comments:
I'll buy her bra if I can support her lol
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?