Saturday, October 02, 2004

Happy Birthday, Nancy!

Today was my girlfriend, Nancy's, 30th birthday! Her party was at Bistro Europa in Old Town. Awesome time!!! Joe Chiocca band was playing & they are always incredible. Lead singer, Kim, has a voice that sounds like a cross between Janis Joplin & that chick from the Cranberries if you can imagine that. Fortunately; tonight was my early night out at work & I was able to get there by 10:30. Nancy had made all us girls pearl necklaces to wear. Ummm, thanks Nance! Kinda novel getting a " pearl necklace" from a girl; but, ya know; a gift is a gift. Our group is pretty large, so we're usually socializing in smaller packs; so it was nice to have mostly everyone in one place at the same time. Bistro Europa is a really cool hangout. By early evening, the downstairs is a top-notch restaurant. After 10, upstairs is a night club. It has 4 different areas (band/dance, bar, couch, pool) all separated by half walls & railings so it all kinda flows to make you feel like each area is intimate, but you always feel like you're all in the same space. Know what I mean? Anyway, it was a great time in that everyone got happy, but not stupid-happy. Nothing got broken. Lot's of good-natured flashing going on; which is pretty common at these gatherings. And I was thinking about that tonight (it being common) when my friend John said, "Bobbi just flashed me...again. And come to think of it; I've seen her boobs so many times at parties; it's kinda not even exciting anymore." And I was a good girl in that I came home at 2 and didn't venture out to any of the after-parties. I mean, I have to work at 5p tomorrow. Need my sleep. All 12 hours of it.

My Tigers are on a bye tomorrow. Hopefully they will take this time to reflect on their past mistakes so that they can beat the chit out of #12 Virginia next week. Hey!! It could happen!! I know it hasn't looked like it so far, but Tigers are vicious animals!! Ferocious even!! Right Cecil?

I'm off to bed. And Carl, thanx for the beers tonight. Me + You + various other people + Sunday + Football x beer = Halo on X-Box at 2am probably? I want to be the gunner.

peace

Comments:
Youll bounce back from Culpeppers bye.
Manning is on bye for me week 6
Chris Brown's bye is week 9.
Everyone else is expendable sort of.
Week 10 no more byes.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?