Friday, September 03, 2004

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Well, at least at the 7-11. I just really loved "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" a hundred years ago & never thought I'd have the opportunity to use that line. And now I do.

I just stopped by 7-11 on my way home & the place was packed. Like Walmart on a Sunday afternoon. With the same kind of people you would find at a Walmart on a Sunday afternoon. It was surreal. And the experience was completed by two derelicts yelling at the cashier. I walked in on the middle of the meltdown & all I know is that it had something to do with a hotdog. A 7-11 hotdog. Apparently the cashier had accidently rung up a "smokie" instead of a "regular" charging the customer 15 cents more; and GODDAMNIT! there's going to be hell to
pay!!!!! "Whatz yo name?? I'm gonna git yo ass fired, bitch!! WORD!!" (Lot's of hand-gesturing & hip-swaying)

WHAT?? Do some people still talk like that? Was Vanilla Ice in the room & I didn't recognize him? And when it was my turn; I saw the poor cashier had tears in her eyes & I just wanted to kick some redneck ass. All 120 lbs. of me. This girl has been selling me Arizona Ice Tea late-nite for 7 years & I know she doesn't have a dishonest bone in her body. And what the fuck does this guy think she cares? It's not like it's HER hotdog she's trying to make extra money on. It's just like when
someone accuses me of short-pouring their drink. Dude!!! It's not MY liquor from MY private stash!! It's not like I'm trying to save myself a dime. Why would I want to short-pour you? (Unless you're a dick, of course. And then, I could think of better worse things to do to you.) It just really pisses me off when I see some asshole using some hard-working person as their emotional punching bag.

Anyway.......I don't really want to jump the gun; but it looks like I may be handing in my notice next week. I feel all giddy just thinking about it!! I've been working since I was 15 & I've been incredibly lucky in that I've always liked the job that I had at the time. I've been down-right miserable these last 3 weeks at my job (of almost 7 years) due to stupid circumstances & it's all new to me to be happy about quitting a job. I keep doing that thing in my head imagining their (her) faces (face) when I hand over my notice. And what's so cool about it, is
that; since I know there's an end to this madness....I am having such a great time at work!! It's like all the pressures off!! I'm not giving off an "I don't give a fuck" attitude cause I don't have to. I genuinely don't give a fuck, so that makes me very happy. The job I have in my sight is going to be so awesome for me. It will require me to do the mad-house, live-music, drunken-scene bartending I haven't done in awhile...but it will be like a breath of fresh air. I'm leaving the business in a few months anyway. I may as well go out with a bang.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARL!!! I love you mad-science-man!!!!!

Peace

Comments:
those damn 7-11 employees will not get away with this. even if you are on their side. mark my words. mark them.
 
Yelling at cashiers at a retail store is like winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics-you're still retarded to get into either thing.

I can't wait for my birthday or should I say the days leading up to it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?