Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Take My Breath Away...

....Or at least share it with me.


It started becoming natural to me to totally rebuff any "special" attention I get at work from male customers several years ago. You just have to when you're a female bartender. You can decide to either try to sift through the hundreds of levels of insincerity all the way up to the thousands of levels of ulterior motives; or you can just stamp everything bullshit. Which is pretty much what I do. And most the time, I've been involved with someone; so it was easy to do. But, I know I've probably over-looked one or two guys that I should have passed the pen to. And until tonight, I can't remember the last time I got so shook up at work; I couldn't maintain a multi-task level of 10.

This guy came in tonight that had caught my eye briefly in another place ; but he's never been to my bar. And there's nothing crazy special about this guy. He's handsome; but not over-the-top handsome. Tall, which I like. Nice hands. Speaks in complete sentences.

Whatever. As soon as he sat at my bar tonight, smiled at me, and kissed my hand when I only went to shake his; I lost my edge. Hadn't seen him other than one other time; but I lost my edge. And I LOVE my edge. I pride myself on it. It gives me that THING that lets me do my job without any interference. My EDGE keeps me sane.

So; we're busy. Line down the street. Haven't seen an empty seat at my bar for 3 hours. And all of a sudden, I've dropped 60 IQ points AND I can't remember how to make a martini. And I start doing this weird babble thing.

"Hi! What would you like to drink? Did I already ask you that? I mean, sometimes I think something & I'm not sure I've actually said it. Would you like something to drink?" OMG!!! What the fuck am I talking about???

And he just smiles, takes my hand, & says, "Don't worry about me. I can see you're busy. I'll just have a Lite."

So, it goes like that. I'm incredibly busy & never have any time to talk to him one-on-one. He's done, he kisses my hand, leaves; but maintains eye contact on his way out the door until we just can't see each other anymore.

So I promptly copy his name from his credit card voucher so I can "google" him later. And what the fuck is that all about? I've never done that before.

HEY! Did someone set me up? Is this some kind of ploy to see if someone can actually "get" to Miss Scarlett? Make her lose her concentration at work? Are you bucking for my job?????

I'm not paranoid. I'm just floored that someone caught my attention. Guess I'm not the "Ice Princess" at work anymore. And my B-day is the 27th. Feel free to send me anything that will help me get my edge back. Can't even think what that might be. Use your imagination.

Peace




Comments:
Oooo girl, nothing like a little sexual energy to boost the day eh? Here's hoping for a meeting in your near future with Mr. Handsome.

KJB
 
You've been "smitten". God help you !

C.... :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?