Thursday, July 22, 2004

Bare with me.......

.....I'm on a mission.

Who was it that originally said, "You can't have your cake & eat it, too."? I'm going to consult master "Jeeves" & "google" my heart out 'til I find how this saying originated. And once I find the answer; I'm going to present at least 10 reasons why you should be able to "have your cake & eat it, too". I think; that as a society, we have used this saying ad nauseum to help us make decisions. It's easy 'cause it's such a cop-out. It forces you to pick a side.

I believe that you CAN have your cake & eat it, too. (Disclaimer: As long as it's not detrimental to anyone's physical or mental health. blah, blah, blah.) And with that said; I think the human condition as we know it now has been muddied by so many cliches held over from generation to generation. And this is one of them.

And just humor me!! I just spent hours having the most inane conversations with people & this is the first original thought I've had since 5:00p. I welcome your thoughts on this. Actually, I'm PLEADING for your thoughts on this! (make this post valid!... is what i'm sayin'!)

Peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?