Saturday, June 05, 2004

You know the party has gone on too long......

when your best friend is sitting in the corner furiously shaking a "Magic Eight Ball" screaming, "Tell me YES, you bitch!".

Whew. Let me just set this up by telling you that the restaurant I work in has 3 bars. For the last 6 years I have worked in the bar that stays open 'til 1am on w'ends. Management has decided to rotate us bartenders so that everyone has equal time at all bars. No skin off me. So on Friday nights I work a bar WITH ANOTHER BARTENDER. I'm used to working alone, but the change is good. This change means that on Friday nights, I am "early out", meaning I am out at 10:00 pm!! OMG!!! I can actually go out dancing (& whatever else) with my friends!!! I'm SO EXCITED!!!

So, with my new-found freedom, I'm crazy texting my fellow bartender friends & non asking where everyone will be at 10:30. I find myself comparing "drunk scars" with friends at Portners. Next thing, I'm at G's house hunkering down under a VERY little umbrella on the deck (cause we can't smoke in the house) trying to enjoy a cig (I rarely smoke) while wearing white jeans (white jeans DON'T survive rain very well). Next thing I know, I'm posing with 6 of my best g'friends in our best Victoria bras because someone lost a bet. I'm kinda unclear on what the bet was; but I do know it only involved G., but somehow we all ended up somewhat naked for the picture. And I have to ask; do you think pics taken with a cell phone could actually be used in court? I'm thinking they are probably "inadmissable" kinda like phone recordings. Oh well, if not, we all had pretty bras on! And all my friends have pretty cleavage!

Anyway, the party was fun. I have such great friends. My group of friends run the gamut. I have bartender friends, massage therapist friends, IT, marketing (I heart you, Becca) comic (my friend Sean teaches improv @ the Improv), & I'm too tired to name the rest. But I will eventually end up mentioning everyone. OK - I'm two minutes from sleep.


y'all come back now, ya hear?:)

Comments:
congrats on the new found freedom, enjoying the nightlife is great especially if you can do it with friends. Just remember if you end up so drunk that you wake up in a dumpster in NJ then post on your blog, I wanna read about it :P
 
you got it:)
 
ya know what? I just have to hug you cause I've never hugged anyone from jersey before!! Love ya, mean it!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?