Sunday, June 13, 2004

From the mouths of babes....

I wish I was 5 again!!

I had the most adorable little girl at my bar last night. Let me just say that I DISLIKE people that sit at my bar with a child in tow. I just don't think you should sit at a bar with a child. Usually. But this time was different. The family sat down & I asked the little girl her name. (She's about 4-5 years old). "I'm called Shelby." (OK) So I say, "Shelby, we have great fish sticks. Would you like some?" And Shelby says "Well, I prefer shrimp." OMG!! The only thing I PREFERRED when I was her age was play-doh over plain old clay. And I don't think I knew that I actually "PREFERRED" even that! Cause I didn't know what "PREFERRED" meant! So, I know that I'm dealing with some child prodigy.

Anyway, over the next two hours, Shelby proceeded to tell me: that my eyeliner looked "weird", I should clip my nails, & her daddy "bashed" someone's car while they were parking. Shelby entertained me more in two hours than any adult has entertained me in the last month.

Shelby, I see you as our first female President!!

"Baby, Baby, it's a wild world.
It's hard to get by just on a smile, girl.
Oh, Baby, Baby, it's a wild world;
I'll always remember you as a child, girl."
- Maxi Priest






Comments:
I really enjoy your posts. In fact, they're much more entertaining than most of the sit-coms on T.V. I look forward to your posts each day and feel left out when you don't post. Don't let us down.............

C.... :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?