Thursday, May 20, 2004

Uma just plain rocks!

Did Kill Bill just make you want to take sword fighting lessons?

I just saw "Kill Bill 2" AGAIN. Let me just say up front that I am a complete movie sucker. I'm one of those people that completely gets into a movie I'm enjoying. So much so that I tend to forget that these people are just actors. I'm terrified that if I ever actually meet Uma Thurman, I might ask her to kick someones ass for me because I like thinking that she actually IS code name "Black Mamba" in real life. Do you think she would be flattered or just scared that I'm some f'ed up groupie with a hard-on for sword-swinging girls? Heh! I could get my first restraining order!

Anyway, it's kinda bad, really. I mean, I don't think I could ever take Jason Alexander seriously in any other sitcom or movie 'cause to me, he's that annoying George Castanza. I want to run into him just so I can slap him & say "For christ's sake!! Spend a buck!!! Get a job!!" Geezzzzzzzzze

Well, I'm exhausted, but wanted to post something. I had 5 young Lithuanian guys at my bar tonight quizzing me on "American" things. They were absolutely adorable & definitely fell for my southern charm. I just love having cute european boys with blond hair/blue eyes hanging on my every word. That's what I'm thinking 'til one of them asked me if I'd always had this accent. Guess they were actually just staring at me 'cause they couldn't figure out where the hell I was from. Then I had to explain the whole southern drawl thing which means I just ended up trying to explain that I'm not really stupid. I really AM aware that I enunciate EVERY SINGLE SYLLABLE. At the same time, I had 3 men from Azerbaijan (which used to be part of the Soviet Union I now know thanks to askjeeves.com). Their claim to my bar fame was completely depleting my stock of "Grey Goose" vodka. 14 shots between them. Also 3 snifters of cognac. On top of 12 beers. And they still seemed sober. Amazing. I have to give them kudo's for the tip, though. They were border-line rude to me all evening, whipped out the "Diplomat" card for their tax-exempt discount, but then tipped me 20% on the original amount. Very cool, in my book.



Ya'll come back, now...ya hear??


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?