Tuesday, May 18, 2004

There is beach sand in the trunk of my car!

Which means that summer is officially here for me!

I'd like to start off by thanking bartender Bill & bartendress L.A. at the Summerhouse in Rehoboth for hosting the awesome time we had Sunday night! I would also like to thank the incredible band that was playing; but, i'm ashamed to say, the name escapes me. I knew it at the time, but the Grand Marnier with beer backs seems to have made it a little fuzzy. My friend, G, brought one of their cds back with her, so I will make a point to find out & post it here.

Needless to say, a good time was had by all. There was sun, dancing, champagne, obligatory after-hours-party-on-the-front-porch, reading of non-thought-provoking magazines on the beach, & of course, no beach trip is complete without seeing two seagulls screwing on a lamp post. When you talk about sex in dangerous places; us humans have nothing on the seagulls. Just watching the female try to keep her balance made my back hurt. Kudo's to you, Jessica Livingston Seagull!! And speaking of sex: I don't even know if anyone had any. You see, I am in a "mourning period", having been dumped recently. I think that I am subconsciously turning a blind eye to activities I'm not engaging in for the time being. Maybe I'm subconsciously jaded. Hmmm, I think I may be onto something. Do you think you can just "subconsciously" suffer from a break up without the whole crying, lump-in-your-chest, can't-listen-to-the-songs-on-the-radio thing? (I promise not to do the annoying hyphen thing ALL the time!) I think that's what I'm doing, cause I haven't really freaked out yet. And it's been three weeks. I'm in denial, I think. I'm in denial that a man does not want to be with a woman that MAKES THE BEST GD MARTINI ON THE EAST COAST!! I'm not really that shallow. I also think he should stay with me because I'm cute & I don't pick my nose in public. That's not shallow, is it? IS IT????

Well, enough of that. I had a GREAT time at the beach, & now I am back at my bar making the best martini. Thank you H for inviting me & I promise to weed out all the un-flattering pics of you (please do the same for me, hun) before I show them to anyone! So there you have it... Tune in.....

ps to Anonymous...I'm not quite ready to divulge that info:)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?